ACCUPLACER Entrance Exam
About the Exam
Prospective ADN students will take the Next Generation Reading, and the Next Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Stastistics (QAS) ACCUPLACER examinations. It will take approximately two hours to complete both sections. Prospective students must score 250 or higher in Reading and 263 or higher in Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics as well as meet all other admission requirements to be accepted without taking developmental coursework.
Preparing for the Exam
To prepare for the ACCUPLACER entrance exam, refresh your knowledge on the following topics:
Reading: Be prepared to demonstrate reading comprehension skills
Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics: quantitative reason, algebra, statistics, rational numbers, ratio and proportional relationship, exponents, algebraic expressions, linear equations, linear applications, probability and sets, descriptive statistics, and geometry concepts.
Study resources include:
- Choose "For students"
- Then, "Student practice"
- Select, "Next-Generation Reading Sample Questions"
- Select, "Next-Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics Sample Questions"
www.KhanAcademy.org (great resource for any topic
Important Information about the Entrance Exam
- Arrive at HCN or the designated testing facility 15 minutes before your scheduled test time.
- Bring a valid photo ID.
- A calculator will be available on your computer screen for portions of the QAS exam.
- Scrap paper will be provided for you.