Campus SAFETY & EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
Safety and security of students, faculty, and staff is a top priority. When an emergency situation arises, students are expected to fully cooperate. The following information should be used as a guide to emergency best practices:
If a problem appears to be life threatening or could cause immediate damage to the property, please contact the police or fire department immediately by dialing 911 from a cellular phone, or by dialing 0-911 from an on-campus phone. Report the incident to the Campus Executive Director or a faculty member immediately.
- If the building requires evacuation, all persons will evacuate the building in a quick and orderly manner. No persons will be allowed re-entry until administrators or emergency personnel give the all-clear.
- Outside doors must remain closed and at no time should be propped open.
- Do not bring valuables to clinical area. Lock belongings in the trunk of your car, out of clear view.
- Do not leave personal belongings in an unsecured place. All unattended belongings will be taken to the Campus Executive Director’s office.
- Notify campus personnel of any accident, theft, or injury in order to complete an incident report.
- Request an escort to parking after hours or after dark.
- Report suspicious persons to security, faculty, or campus personnel.
In the event of a tornado warning, all persons will proceed to the following areas in a quick and orderly fashion:
- Under stairwells.
- Interior corridors.
- Interior rooms of any campus facility.
CRIME AWARENESS & CAMPUS SECURITY
The following information is provided and updated annually as directed by the U. S. Department of Education through Public Law 101-542, the “Criminal Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990.”
Reporting of Criminal Incident
The College strives to provide a safe and secure campus for all students and staff members. All students and staff members are encouraged to report any and all suspicious campus activity immediately upon witnessing the occurrence. Any knowledge of a criminal or suspicious nature should be reported to the Campus Executive Director; the College will then take appropriate action based upon the information given. When deemed appropriate, local law enforcement authorities will also be notified.
Campus Security Procedures
The Hondros College of Nursing emergency management guide can be found on the Student Portal and the Hondros College of Nursing website. The campus security procedures and crime statistics are published annually, click here to access.