A grievance is a complaint or concern regarding College policies, procedures, or unfair treatment, that are not academic related. Academic appeals should follow the “Academic Appeal Policy.”
Hondros College of Nursing encourages students to meet with the Campus Executive Director to informally resolve any grievance(s). In the event the student is not satisfied with the outcome, the student is asked to follow the steps outlined below.
- Submit in writing, within five (5) business days, a detail of the grievance and a recommendation of resolution to the Campus Executive Director. The Campus Executive Director will formally respond, in writing, to the student within three (3) business days.
- If the student feels the grievance has not been satisfactorily resolved, the student may appeal to the program's Senior Vice President of Operations. Appeals must be submitted, in writing, within three (3) business days of receiving the Campus Executive Director’s decision.
- The College's Senior Vice President of Operations will convene an unbiased panel to review the request. The College's Senior Vice President of Operations will formally respond, in writing, to the student within five (5) business days. This decision is final and no further appeal will be considered by the College.
Failure to follow the timelines prescribed in the grievance procedure will result in an automatic denial of appeal and forfeiture of future consideration from Hondros College of Nursing.
If the student is not satisfied, the student may lodge a complaint with the appropriate state agency.
- Students in Ohio may contact the Executive Director of the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, 30 East Broad Street, Suite 2481, Columbus, OH 43215, (614) 466-2752.,
- Students in Indiana may contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education/Indiana Board for Proprietary Education, 101 West Ohio Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46204-4206, (317) 232-1033.
- Students in Michigan may contact the State of Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, Employment & Training, Post-Secondary Schools, P.O. Box 30726, Lansing, MI 48907, (517) 335-4000.
Students who are unsatisfied with the outcome of their grievance may also contact the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 N., Falls Church, VA 22043, (703) 917-9503.