About the Exam
Prospective PN students will take the HESI entrance exam covering three areas: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, and Grammar. It will take approximately three hours to complete all three sections. Prospective students must achieve a cumulative score of 70% or higher and meet all other admissions requirements to be accepted.
Preparing for the Exam
To prepare for the HESI exam, refresh your knowledge on the following topics:
- Reading comprehension: multiple questions over a number of short readings
- Vocabulary: meaning and synonyms of English words, not medical terminology
- Grammar: correcting sentences, identifying correct/incorrect usage of words
- Textbook: HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review (4th Edition, Chapters 1-4)
- Apps: HESI A2 Pocket Prep, Evolve Reach (by McGraw Hill)
- Arrive at HCN or the designated testing facility 15 minutes before your scheduled test time.
- Bring a valid photo ID.
- A calculator will be available on your computer screen for portions of the QAS exam.
- Scrap paper will be provided for you.