Billing / Bursar

You can make card payments through “My Billing Statement” on your student portal. If paying with cash or check, you may make your payments at the front desk on campus.
Your monthly payment amount can be found under “My Payment Plan” on your portal or on the documents you signed at your financial aid appointment. Please be sure you are logging into your student portal in the term in which your payment plan is set.
Email the Bursar’s Office: [email protected].
Charges are removed by the end of week 2 of the term. Your charges will show a debit and a corresponding credit. If at this time you still see the charges, please contact [email protected]
Refunds are issued within 14 days from the date your Title IV aid comes in and creates a credit on your account. You will get an email from our billing department once a refund is issued.
Once the Bursar’s Office has been notified of your updated financial aid by the Central Support Financial Aid Office, a new payment plan will be emailed to your student email account. Please check your student email often.

Financial Aid

A code number identifies every college and university that receives federal funds. The federal code number for Hondros College of Nursing is 040743.
FAFSA is an acronym for Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  There is no fee for this process and it is required in order to receive any type of federal financial aid.  Please use this link to access the web site

The federal government requires some federal student aid applicants to verify the accuracy of information on their FAFSA®. In accordance with federal requirements, Hondros College of Nursing requires students to submit verification documents prior to disbursement of funds. Students and their spouses or parents may be required to submit a verification worksheet, federal tax return transcripts and additional information necessary to complete verification or clear conflicting information. If information on any documents is found to be conflicting, students may be selected for verification and required to provide additional information. Failure to complete verification may result in a loss of financial aid eligibility. If Hondros College of Nursing suspects that an individual falsified information and/or altered documentation and fraudulently obtained federal funds, Hondros College of Nursing is legally obligated to file a report with the Office of the Inspector General and/or local law enforcement officials.

A tax transcript is required by the Department of Education for students and parents that did not use the Data Retrieval Service to verify income.  Students may make corrections to their FAFSA application, so the first attempt should be to use the Data Retrieval option on the FAFSA, if this is unsuccessful, a tax transcript can be ordered through the IRS at the following website:  or by calling 1-800-908-9946. Students that are victims of Identity Theft will need to request a TRDBV (Tax Return DataBase View).  Please call 1-800-908-4490 to request this document from the IRS.

UEH stands for Unusual Enrollment History. The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Student Aid program by identifying students with unusual enrollment histories. Some students who have an unusual enrollment history have legitimate reasons for their enrollment at multiple institutions. However, such an enrollment history requires our office to review your file in order to determine future federal financial aid eligibility. If selected by the Department of Education, this must be resolved before you will be eligible to receive financial aid.

Definition of UEH
The specific pattern the Department of Education uses to select students includes those students who have received a Federal Pell Grant and/or Federal Loans at multiple institutions during the past four academic years.  Once the Department of Education indicates that a student has an unusual enrollment history, the Office of Student Financial Aid must review the academic history prior to determining federal financial aid eligibility for that student.

Students with an unusual enrollment history will have one of the following UEH flags and C codes on their ISIRs (Institutional Student Information Records), which is the school version of the SAR (Student Aid Report) issued by the Department of Education upon completion of the processing of your FAFSA.

 UEH Flag Value C Code Comment Code Flag Description School Action to Resolve Flag 
NNoNoneEnrollment pattern not unusualNo school action required
2Yes359Possible enrollment pattern problemSchool must review enrollment/academic and financial aid records for past four years
3Yes360Questionable enrollment patternSchool must review enrollment/academic and financial aid records for past for award years

Appeal Process and What Will be Required of You
If selected, you will be notified of the requirements associated with the process. You are required to have earned academic credit at every institution where you received a Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan while attending in those relevant academic years.

Our office will review your Unusual Enrollment History Form and your financial aid history at all previous institutions that you attended during the last four financial aid years (please ensure we have received all official/unofficial transcripts for those schools) and verify that academic credit was received at each institution during the relevant years.  If you failed to earn academic credit at any institution where you received a federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan during the relevant award years, you will need to provide a statement explaining the circumstance for credit not earned along with any relevant documentation using the Unusual Enrollment History Form.

The results of the appeal will be emailed to your Hondros College of Nursing email account (or personal email account from your FAFSA if you do not have a college email account). These decisions are final and are not appealable to the Department of Education.  

Regaining Federal Student Aid Eligibility
Students that have been denied federal student aid based on an Unusual Enrollment History Appeal have the ability to regain financial aid eligibility by successfully completing one quarter at Hondros College of Nursing with a 2.0 or better GPA.  Upon successful completion of one quarter, you may submit another Unusual Enrollment Appeal.

Yes, you do need to apply for financial aid every year.  The FAFSA application is available beginning October 1st of every year.  It is best to use the Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information.  You can now fill out the FAFSA on your phone!  Download the MyStudentAid app or visit and the FAFSA form on the go. 
There are many reasons a Pell award could change.  For example a student’s EFC, which drives need based aid, will change from one financial aid year to the next.  Major changes in income and household size can contribute to the increase or loss of Pell.  Student may also lose Pell funding due to the number of credit hours they are taking.  In order to receive full Pell awards a student needs to be attending at least 12 credit hours, dropping below this will lead to a proration of your Pell funding.  Students may also lose Pell eligibility due to reaching their Pell Lifetime limit of 600%. 
Pell funding is based on need, and need is determined by your EFC. The EFC is calculated on the FAFSA application. There are some items that will directly affect your EFC, such as adjusted gross income (there are many others). Any dramatic change from one year to another can affect the EFC.
The cost to your family is determined by subtracting the grants, scholarships and loan funds the student has been awarded from the direct costs. Students also have access to the Student Portal in CAMS. Through this portal, students have access to their ledger, which allows students to review their debits, credits and balances, as well as accepting or declining Federal Financial Aid. 
Financial aid is subject to federal refund calculations when students drop all their courses for the academic term or withdraw from Hondros College of Nursing. This process is formula driven and is unique to each student.
Financial Aid is requested usually beginning Week 3.
  • Have you accepted all of your loan awards?
  • For your Federal Direct Loans, have you completed your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling?
  • If selected, have you completed the FAFSA verification process?
  • Do you have any outstanding documents?
If everything is complete contact please contact [email protected]
Award are revised for many reasons:
  • Schedule changes (i.e.: change in credit hours)
  • FAFSA changes (i.e.: verification results)
  • Academic progress

Hondros College of Nursing delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information:

To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.