Hondros College of Nursing’s refund policy complies with the State Law as follows and is applicable to each term:
1. A student who starts class and withdraws during the first full calendar week of the quarter shall be obligated for twenty-five (25%) of the tuition and refundable fees for that academic term plus the registration fee.
2. A student who withdraws during the second full calendar week of the quarter shall be obligated for fifty (50%) percent of the tuition and refundable fees for that period plus the registration fee.
3. A student who withdraws during the third full calendar week of the quarter shall be obligated for seventy-five (75%) percent of the tuition and refundable fees for that period plus the registration fee.
4. A student who withdraws beginning the fourth full calendar week of the academic term will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the tuition and fees.
5. Refunds will be issued by check from the Hondros College of Nursing corporate office within 30 days.
Last date of attendance is determined by the student’s last attended day of clinical, lab, lecture, or last submitted assignment in an online course.
Hondros College of Nursing shall cancel and all monies paid, if any, to be fully refunded.
1. Within six (6) days following the signing of the contract, no obligation and all monies paid, if any, to be fully refunded.
2. After six (6) days, but before the beginning of training, a registration fee of 20% of the total tuition not to exceed $100.00
3. After beginning of training, the registration fee, plus 10% of the total tuition until students completes 10% of the assignment.
4. After completing 10% of the assignments, but prior to completing 25% of the assignments, the registration fee plus 25% of the total tuition.
5. After completing 25% of the assignments, but prior to completing 50% of the assignments, the registration fee plus 50% of the total tuition.
6. After completing 50% of assignments, but prior to completing 75% of the assignments, the registration fee plus 75% of total tuition.
7. After completing 75% of assignments, the student is responsible for total tuition.
8. The contract shall state a length of time for a student to complete his course of study. If a student does not cancel by the end of such time, he is responsible for his total tuition.
9. The institution will make a proper refund, within thirty-one (31) days of the student’s request for cancellation.
10. If the student has paid tuition extending beyond twelve (12) month all such charges shall be refunded as described in Rule 8.04 through 8.06 of these Rules and Regulations.
RETURN OF FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
A student wishing to withdraw from a program may be put into a situation where the student will owe both the federal government and the College money. It is in the best interest of the student to contact the Financial Aid department prior to withdrawing to determine how the student will be impacted.
Federal regulations require a refund calculation for all students receiving Title IV funds who withdraw on or prior to the 60% point in the term. The R2T4 calculation will determine if all or a portion of Federal Title IV funds received through the Department of Education must be returned. As a result of the return, students may have a balance due with the school or with the Department of Education.
RETURNED CHECK FEE
All returned checks are subject to a $30 returned check fee. This fee is in addition to any fees charged by your bank or financial institution.
BOOKSTORE REFUND POLICY
The College does not participate in a buy-back program for textbooks or other required course material, including, but not limited to, the technology package. For products being returned, the item and all included materials must be returned in the original packaging, in original condition, and must be accompanied by an original receipt and returned within 30 days of purchase. No refunds are given for the Technology Package if consumed. Refunds will be issued by check from the Hondros College of Nursing corporate office within 30 days.
If a nursing student returns his or her books, it is an indication that the student intends to withdraw from the program, as the textbooks are required as part of the curriculum and are built into the total cost of the program.
Policies, tuition, and fees are effective January 1, 2016 and are subject to change.
To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.