Start Here. Go Far.
Earning your practical nursing diploma from Hondros College of Nursing will be the launching pad to your career in nursing. And we're committed to getting you there. Unlike other nursing schools, we won't hold you back with wait lists and unnecessary classes. Instead, you'll begin your path as a nurse from day one and gain clinical experience in your second term. There will be immediate opportunities to apply what you've learned. That's the better way to become a nurse.
What You'll Learn
The skills to succeed. The attitude to get hired.
As an LPN, you'll provide direct nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings. You may perform routine lab tests, monitor IV therapy and contribute to a patient's plan of care.
At Hondros College of Nursing, you'll acquire the skills necessary to complete these responsibilities. But the training doesn't stop there. Our students learn the soft skills that make them stand out from the crowd when applying for nursing positions.
- Clinical experience in the second quarter of your studies
- Nursing simulation practice with interactive manikins
- IV therapy training
- Licensure examination prep and review throughout the program
- Communication expertise necessary to interact with other healthcare workers
- Enthusiasm/attitude you'll need to keep patients and employers satisfied
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential for safe nursing care
- Professionalism that will promote patient trust
Once you complete our program, you will be eligible to apply for the NCLEX-PN® exam. We'll help you prep for the test to help you succeed.
I decided to pursue a career in nursing while I was attending Medina County Career Center’s Diversified Medical Technologies program, where I received my STNA.
Earned her STNA certification
Took prerequisite nursing classes at other colleges
A friend recommended HCN and it fit her goals best
Enrolled in the HCN PN program at the Akron campus
|COL 099||Strategies for Successful Nursing Professionals|
|BIO 117||Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology|
|MTH 101||Basic Math & Dosage Calculation|
|NUR 150||Fundamental Concepts of Practical Nursing I|
|NUR 155||Critical Thinking for the Practical Nurse|